Monday, March 23, 2015

Welcoming note


Welcome to Going Green, the blog by an Environmental Journalist, Felix Mwakyembe

I am a journalist based in Mbeya City, in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. I work for a weekly Swahili paper, Raia Mwema and sometimes write for Reuters AlertNet on climate change related issues.
My areas of interest are environment, agriculture and extractive industries, where I have written many articles.

From Monday 23rd to 25th March, 2015 will be attending Investigative Internet Journalism Training at the Open University, Mbeya Campus. The training is organized by MISA-Tan.
In 2010 I attended the UN Climate Change conference in Cancun as COP16 as CCMP fellow and September, 2014 I attended launching of the IPCC 5th Report in Pretoria.

I find the training to be relevant to my work and expect to acquire skills in searching for information using the internet that will able me write well researched stories.   

No comments:

Post a Comment